White Water Rafting Adventures
Welcome to the premiere rafting destination in Colorado!
Glenwood Adventure Company provides one of the largest selection of river trips for all abilities and ages. We provide access to five great white water rafting areas. We offer trips in Glenwood Canyon, The Roaring Fork River, The Upper Colorado, the Eagle River, and The Arkansas River. Each of these unique experiences are close to major destinations such as Glenwood Springs, Vail, and Aspen Colorado.
Glenwood Adventure Company has three Boathouse/Staging areas located in Colorado. Choose the Colorado or Roaring Fork rivers for adventures in Glenwood Springs or drive to our other areas that offer some unique and challenging experiences. We have adventures for all ages and abilities in some of Colorado’s most spectacular Rocky Mountain scenery.
Rafting is an exciting getaway for adventurers looking for scenic floats and for thrill seekers looking for an adrenaline fix. With so many options, it’s hard to decide which trip to choose! Start by selecting either Whitewater or Scenic Rafting Trips below to see your options:
Whitewater Rafting Trips
- When selecting a whitewater rafting trip you will want to consider a few important factors. The two most important factors are the age of participants in your group and your previous white water rafting experience.
- Whitewater rapids are categorized into 5 classes.
- We offer 6 unique whitewater day trips that are among some of the best of the west. These range from high in the Rockies surrounded by the Collegiate Peaks to steep canyon drops within our National Forests.
- Our most popular whitewater trip is through Glenwood Canyon down the Shoshone Rapids. This is a very busy section of the Colorado River with some great class III rapids. It’s close proximity to Glenwood Springs makes it a perfect trip for those not wanting to drive to other rivers.
- Want to escape the crowds and still have some adventure within Glenwood Springs, try the Roaring Fork River.
- Looking for a more unique challenge? Try our Class II / III Guided Ducky Trip! These maneuverable crafts allow for a more intense personal experience with the river. These crafts afford the freedom of an open-top boat and no previous river experience necessary.
Scenic / Family Rafting Trips
Roaring Fork River / Departs from our Glenwood Springs boat house
Wilderness Full day Adventure / Departs from our Glenwood Springs office
- If you would like to explore the river, but aren’t looking for a serious whitewater adventure, then these river trips are for you!
- These trips are designed for folks that enjoy the great outdoors and are looking for an opportunity to relax and soak in the beauty of Colorado’s landscape.
- Children as small as 30 pounds are welcome on any of these trips.
- Scenic river adventures meander through gentle Class II experiences and low Class III experiences with access to some wonderful relaxing swimming areas.
- Each of our Scenic runs are slightly unique but all provide a quiet, peaceful raft trip, mixed with easy fun whitewater.
- Our Full Day Adventure is the most secluded river trip of them all, with beautiful beaches to relax and enjoy our delicious riverside lunch. Our Full day trip also includes some awesome inflatable river toys, such as SUP’s and Kayaks, for those who want to add some more excitement.
- Dry bags are available for purchase in our store, so you can have the opportunity to bring along a camera and capture photos of beautiful scenery and lasting memories. Trips can be customized to certain locations and trip lengths if need be.
Not sure which trip is right for you?
Give us a call, and one of our adventure specialists can help guide your decision!