The joys of cycle touring are now within easier reach for people of varying fitness and experience levels thanks to our electric bicycles — or e-bikes. Electric bikes give cyclists a helping hand — or push — to get them up and over hills or to help them keep up with faster friends. The small, almost hidden engines also make longer distances feel achievable. Whether a weekend rider or avid enthusiast you will love this new way to ride a bike.
The terrain and altitude in Glenwood can be challenging even for the most fit rider. E-bikes change the equation and makes bicycling in the roaring fork Valley available for just about anyone who can ride a bike.
Why E bike?
- Allows a couple of mixed ability to ride together.
- Opens up hillier destinations.
- Allows you to see more of Glenwood Springs by extending your range.
- You still pedal, and feel the reward at the end of a day’s riding.
- Clean, efficient, noiseless and easy to operate.
How does it work?
- An electric motor assists the rider’s pedaling.
- It only boosts your own effort, reading your exertion and adding power. There is no throttle.
- You can choose from multiple levels of assist and have the option for zero assist.
The Bike: Raleigh Tokul iE Diamond Frame
The Raleigh Tokul IE is a singletrack lover’s dream come true. The classic aluminum alloy hardtail construction promises a snappy ride, but the magic really lies in the Bosch CX mid-drive electric assist motor system. Imagine making the most of every ride by zipping to the trailhead at an exhilarating 20 mph and then getting a helpful boost up every hill. You’ll be having as much fun on the climbs as you will on the descents! And with the uber-traction of 27.5-inch plus-sized tires, the stoke meter will be cranked on high every time you hit the trails.